Media Alert – Tonight – The 12th Annual Moving Families Forward Gala Benefiting Ackerman Institute for the Family honoring Cynthia McFadden of NBC News
Honoree Cynthia McFadden, NBC News and Host Tamsen Fadal, PIX 11 News Anchor
WHAT: The 12th Annual Moving Families Forward Gala. The event benefits the vital programs and ongoing services for children and families at the Ackerman Institute for the Family.
WHERE: JW Marriot Essex House – 160 Central Park S, New York, NY 10019
WHEN: Monday, October 22nd, 2018
- Press Check In: 5:30 PM
- Cocktails & Silent Auction:6:00 PM
- Red Carpet:6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Dinner & Awards Ceremony:7:00 PM
WHO: VIPS Confirmed to Attend:
- Tamsen Fadal – Eleven-Time Emmy Award-Winning PIX 11 News Anchor. Returning to host the gala for the fifth consecutive year.
- Cynthia McFadden, Senior legal and investigative correspondent for NBC News. Honored with theAckerman Family Advocate Award.
- Lois Braverman, President Emeritus of the Ackerman Institute for the Family. Honoredwith the Ackerman Innovative Leadership Award.
- Arnold Syrop, Principal and creative director of Arnold Syrop Architects.Honored with the Ackerman Distinguished Service Award.
- Gisselle Acevedo, the new President & CEO, Ackerman Institute for the Family.
- Mr. G,Four-time Emmy award winning meteorologist, PIX 11 News.
- Scott Stanford, Seven-Time Emmy Award Winning PIX 11 News Weeknight Sports Anchor & Host of Sunday Sports Rewind.
- Ira Sallen,COO of BMG/Primary Wave & Vice Chair of the Board of Directors of the Ackerman Institute for the Family.
- Leslie Roberts, Gala Co-Chair.
- Deborah Werner,Gala Co-Chair.
- Martha Fling,Honorary Co-Chair.
- Alice K. Netter,Honorary Co-Chair.
- Vicky Kahn,Gala Planning Committee.
- Gisella Lemos,Gala Planning Committee.
- Jeanette Monninger,Gala Planning Committee.
- Emilie Dubois Poteat,Gala Planning Committee.
- Nicole Poteat,Gala Planning Committee.
About Ackerman Institute for the Family
Founded in 1960, the Ackerman Institute for the Family is one of the premier institutions for family therapy and one of the best-known and most highly regarded training facilities for family therapists in the United States. The Institute serves families from all walks of life at all stages of family life.
For media information about the Moving Families Forward gala or the important ongoing work and programs of The Ackerman Institute for the Family, contact Matt Flynn at JGPR: [email protected] or (917) 626-1300.
MORE THAN 40 ARTISTS WILL BE PERFORMING! Daniel Fetecua Productions invites you to the FIRST EDITION OF LATITUDES DANCE FESTIVAL NYC, an exciting and brand-new NYC based platform that promotes and presents Latino American companies and choreographers...
Press Alert Wednesday October 17th, 2018 –Bianca Romero’s displays her new work, a mixed media mural that visualizes the Beam Suntory international influence. Romero was commissioned to create a 1,000...
THE SHADOW LEAGUE TO HONOR SOUTH CAROLINA WOMEN’S BASKETBALL COACH DAWN STALEY, BOXING LEGEND BERNARD HOPKINS, 3x BOXING CHAMPION/MMA STAR ANA JULATON AND FOX SPORTS ANCHOR GUS JOHNSON AT 5TH ANNUAL SHADOW LEAGUE AWARDS IN NYC
The Shadow League is hosting its 5th Annual Shadow League Awards Dinner, presented by AT&T Humanity of Connection in New York City to celebrate the remarkable achievements of men and women of color who are trailblazers in the world of sports. Hosted by Sports journalist Taylor Rooks, The Shadow League will honor basketball Hall of Fame Player and University of South Carolina Head Women’s Basketball Coach Dawn Staley, legendary American Boxer, promoter and social advocate, Bernard Hopkins (aka “The Executioner” and “The Alien”), Ana Julaton, 3 Time World Boxing Champion/International MMA star and Fox Sports Broadcaster Gus Johnson.